Apple launches its newest products in Apple Event 2021
It’s that time of year again when Apple unveils its new iPhone models, and this year there are four of them: the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. The Apple Watch 7 is also available with the iPhone 13 series. The iPhone 13 series, as we’ve come to expect from Apple over the years, provides some small upgrades over the iPhone 12 series. A narrower notch, larger camera sensors, a clearer display, and some under-the-hood tweaks are among the changes. The Pro models have seen significant improvements, so let’s take a look at the iPhone 13 Pro and see what’s new.
New specs of iPhone 13
The Super Retina XDR screens’ diagonals remain the same – 5.4 inches for the iPhone 13 mini and 6.1 inches for the iPhone 13. The panels themselves are 28 percent brighter, with maximum outdoor brightness of 800 nits and peak HDR brightness of 1200 nits. The new panels support Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG standards when it comes to HDR.
The 120Hz display refresh rate is something you won’t get with the vanilla iPhone 13 and small, since they’re locked at 60Hz like every other iPhone so far.
iPhone 13 Pro camera: What’s new?
The iPhone camera features multiple new options which include,
- Setup with triple cameras
- A 3x optical zoom telephoto lens with a focal length of 77mm.
- A macro-capable ultra-wide-angle camera with an f/1.8 aperture.
- Dolby Vision HDR video recording using an f/1.5 wide-angle lens and the biggest sensor ever
- Slow-motion video mode for macros
- Cinematic Mode
- In ProRes mode, 4K video is recorded at 30 frames per second.
- The iPhone 13 pro mini gets a 12MP ultrawide f/2.4 camera with a new sensor as well, but it doesn’t get autofocus like on the iPhone 13 Pro models.
iPhone 13 processor
The new iPhone 13 and 13 mini are powered by an all-new Apple A15 bionic processor. The A15 is the quickest processor in any contemporary smartphone, according to Apple. Given Apple’s past record, this is a big claim, but one that is likely to be accurate.
Finally, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini also have larger batteries than their predecessors. Apple didn’t provide specific statistics, but the two models are expected to last up to 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours longer on a charge, respectively, than the iPhone 12 generation.
However, this has resulted in a rise in weight, with the iPhone 13 weighing 174 grams and the mini weighing 141 grams. The new versions are also 0.25mm thicker than the previous ones, but all other measurements remain the same.
The Apple Event 2021
Apple returned to its normal September date this year, but the event was once again virtual. The event hosted by the tech giant was only available online. Because of the IT giant’s decision to delay its return to in-person labor owing to mounting COVID-19 instances, it was anticipated that the event would be entirely virtual.
Here are the new products Apple announced on the 15th September 2021, plus their prices and launch dates:
- iPad – Starts at $329. Available next week.
- iPad mini – Starts at $499. Available next week.
- iPhone 13 Mini – Starts at $699.
- Apple Watch Series 7 – $399. Available later this fall.
- iPhone model 13 – Starts at $799.
- iPhone 13 Pro – Starts at $999.
- The smartphones come in five new colors: pink, blue, black, white and red
iPhone 13 Pro Max – $1,099. All new iPhones will be available on September 24.
Have something to add to the story? Comment down below!