Usually adult acne appears after 25. And it can be painful as it consists of four contributing factors like clogged pores, sticky skin, bacteria and inflammation.
Not only direct factors; sometimes indirect factors play a vital role in aggravating the adult acne which includes:-
Build up is considered to be the root cause behind adult acne. Your pores which are little openings, that surround each of your hair follicle is an important part of your dermis and epidermis. It creates natural oils to protect your skin, but when those pores get clogged by dirt and bacteria, you will see a pimple uninvited.
If one of your parents had severe acne, it is likely that your acne will be more difficult to curb.
This factor attacks most of the body with acne. Consuming carbohydrate-rich foods, such as fried items, pure chocolate or bread can worsen your acne.
Sudden hormonal fluctuations, menstrual cycle in women, and hormonal stress can also be one of the factors which influence excessive oil production in your skin.
Using cosmetics and skin care products which are not water-based and contain harsh silicons like dimethicones can make your pores clogged overtime and causes breakout.
What can you do to prevent and cure it?
No matter what you do to control your adult acne, it can make its way to your skin, however there are a few tips which you can follow to control it:-
– Don’t go to sleep without taking your makeup off.
– Try switching your makeup and skin care products. Do a test and trial with water-based products.
– Avoid facial oils.
– Some home remedies that can help you reduce it include aloe-vera, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, zinc and vitamin A. You can apply it directly on your skin to treat your stubborn acne.
– Spot treatment like Benzoyl Peroxide kills the bacteria off your skin and helps heal your acne.
– Oral medications can be helpful in some severe acne cases, depending on the root causes, consult with your dermatologist to see what might work the best for you.