PSL 6 will resume from 9th June 2021
Good news for all the cricket lovers. Pakistan Super League PSL 6 will continue its matches in Abu Dhabi.
According to the recent statement issued by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). The remaining matches of HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) season six will be played from June 9 till 24 in Abu Dhabi.
A meeting happened on the 1st June 2021, where the Pakistan Cricket Board and the franchise owners met in an online session to discuss the progress made in the staging of the remaining 20 PSL 6 matches. During the session, the PCB also provided a number of updates.
Some of the updates provided and decisions made inlcuded,
- Pakistan men’s team to now depart for England on 25 June instead of 23 June.
- PSL 6 to now end on 24 June instead of 20 June, as planned earlier.
- Departure for England on 25 June will mean only three double-headers, if the event commences on 7 June.
- PCB to continue to engage with the Abu Dhabi government.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed and six others land in Abu Dhabi.
- Seven-day isolation for those who arrived on charter flights from Pakistan ends on Wednesday afternoon.
Fans are excited after the news and Twitter is trending with cricket lovers’ tweets. One user shared,
PCB also announced in the past that Guptill, Russell, and Shakib will be a part of the remaining PSL6 matches. The teams submitted a total of 19 picks. Peshawar Zalmi, Gladiators, and United opted to reserve one pick each.
Wasim Khan’s statement last month
In a meeting during May 2021, Wasim Khan also said that “We had an interactive and productive meeting in which we considered a number of factors. While the UAE has emerged as a preferred venue, a number of challenges remain, which will be worked through over the coming days. We remain committed to doing everything possible to complete the HBL PSL 6.”
Congratulations to Pakistan Super League 6 for successfully maintaining the league and finally putting a good end to it.